Set in the vibrant heart of Cape Town, this luxury hotel and spa offers easy access to all that’s happening in this dynamic city.
Enjoying a superb location at the foot of Table Mountain, it’s just a short stroll from downtown. Mount Nelson offers the perfect combination of leafy tranquillity and contemporary buzz.
Guests can dine on exotic Cape cuisine. Bask in the sun on any of the stunning beaches nearby. Soak up the social scene with a stroll down fashionable Kloof Street. It’s an ideal base from which to discover this exhilarating city.
A stay at the hotel can be combined with an adventure at Belmond Safaris in Botswana and a number of other travel experiences across the continent.
- Closest luxury hotel to Cape Town’s historic centre, with easy access to the best beaches, Table Mountain and a number of museums, art galleries and other cultural attractions
- Family friendly: nine acre garden, welcome amenities for children, qualified babysitters, private swimming and tennis lessons, and family concierge recommendations
- The spa menu has treatments for couples, men, women, teenagers, bridal and group options – all products used are 100% organic and chemical free
- Complimentary transfers to the V&A Waterfront are offered to all Mount Nelson guests in luxury air-conditioned vehicles
- A personal trainer is available for fitness assessments and training programmes in the gym
The hotel’s range of rooms and suites each have a unique character. Guests can expect large king-sized beds, elegant marble bathrooms and views of Table Mountain or the manicured gardens.
- Superior Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Junior Suites
- Deluxe Junior Suites
- Superior One-bedroom Suites
- Classic Suites
- Deluxe Suites
- Garden Cottage Suites
- Presidential Suite
Home to a number of exceptional restaurants, Mount Nelson is one of the city’s most sizzling culinary destinations.
- Planet Restaurant – refined South African cuisine, international specialities and grill
- Chef’s Table – unique culinary experience where guests can interact with chefs as they prepare an incredible seasonal menu
- Oasis Bistro – seasonal restaurant offering Mediterranean-inspired dishes in a bright, casual setting
- The Lounge – acclaimed morning, afternoon and champagne tea Planet Bar – wines, spirits and classic cocktails with stylish, celestial décor
Leisure and Facilities
Mount Nelson is one of the few city hotels in Cape Town to offer a wide range of leisure facilities—from sport and fitness to relaxation, health and beauty.
- 2 heated swimming pools
- 2 floodlit tennis courts
- Librisa Spa – one of Cape Town’s leading day spas
- 9 acres of landscaped gardens
- Business centre
- Children’s activity centre and Teens’ Lounge
- Hair salon
- Be chauffeured in a gleaming classic car to the majestic Cape Winelands for a tasting or lunch.
- Hop into a chauffeured vintage sidecar to explore the city in style. Head out along Chapman’s Peak Drive for spectacular ocean views or motor west towards the beaches of Bloubergstrand.
Meet the Penguins
- Head out to the soft white sands of Boulders Beach for a unique audience with rare African Penguins. Crouch among the smooth rocks to watch them in action or go for a swim in the clear waters – you may even find you have company
Latest RatesRequest a quote