The Elounda Mare hotel Relais & Châteaux overlooks the Mirabello Bay on the north coast of Crete, an area of outstanding natural beauty. A hotel of timeless refined luxury; it has been a member of the Relais & Châteaux prestigious international hotel association since 1988.
Exuding a sort of sophistication and exclusivity found nowhere else, the Elounda Mare hotel has an unparalleled reputation for its attentive and personalised service. With its award-winning restaurants, comprehensive leisure facilities and exquisite design, it is the ideal choice for the discerning traveller who seeks a relaxing holiday in a serene and intimate setting.
The charm and character of the hotel is evident to anyone taking an enchanting stroll through the lush seaside gardens of the Elounda Mare hotel, and its rugged coastline with the many private coves, plateaus, and the gorgeous little sandy beach. Guests particularly enjoy the many lounges, enjoying their aperitif or just a cup of tea on the terrace, in perfectly elegant surroundings furnished in antiques.
The “Karavia Bar” is situated in the main building. Our experienced barman will prepare your favourite drink while you enjoy the magnificent views of the Mirabello Bay and the Sitia Mountains. The pianist performs almost every day in the early evening, during aperitifs.
There are three different restaurants at the Elounda Mare hotel, offering a variety of culinary experiences:
- The “Deck” restaurant in the main building, with a charming terrace offers a superb view to the sea. It proposes a rich buffet breakfast and freshly prepared breakfast dishes. For dinner, during low seasons, enjoy an a la carte menu with local and international specialities, enriched with a rotation of succulent dishes of the day from all over Greece. Guests who have booked their holiday on half board can have their special a la carte dinner here, with the possibility of enjoying additional exclusive dishes with a supplement.
- The “Yacht Club” restaurant, overlooking the beach, serves lunch daily as well as dinner in the summer months with a varied Mediterranean and seafood menu. The “Fish night” takes place here on a weekly basis.
- The awarded “Old Mill” is a fine-dining restaurant with exquisite cuisine based on Cretan tradition. Nestled in the gardens overlooking the sea, it offers a unique dining experience accompanied by music from the piano and the sounds of the waves lapping on the shore below. Elegant attire is expected at the Old Mill Restaurant. Please note that the restaurants’ operation schedule might vary.
A variety of carefully selected Greek wines completes the gastronomic experience in all restaurants, while select wines from around the world are available in the wine cellar.
Accommodation is either in the main building or in private bungalows & Minoan Royalty Villas with seawater swimming pool and is categorised as follows:
Main Building rooms and suites with balcony or terrace and wonderful sea view:
- 25 TWIN/DOUBLE ROOMS (indoor space 30-35m²) up to 2 adults + 1 child (up to 11 y.o)
- 9 ONE-BEDROOM SUITES (indoor space 42m²) up to 3 adults – separate bedroom and sitting room
- 5 ONE-BEDROOM SUPERIOR SUITES (indoor space 50-70m²) up to 3 adults – larger and more luxurious than a normal suite, most have a second bathroom with shower
- 8 TWO-BEDROOM SUPERIOR SUITES (indoor space 80m²) up to 5 adults – 2 SUPERIOR SUITES have additionally a private swimming pool
Bungalows: All bungalows have a furnished private garden with undisturbed view of the sea and a private seawater heat able swimming pool – each one is individually designed and nests in the seafront gardens of the property:
- 10 DELUXE BUNGALOWS (indoor space 30-45m²) up to 3 adults – either one spacious room with sitting area or separate sitting room; en-suite marble bathroom
- 11 SUPERIOR BUNGALOWS (indoor space 35-55m²) up to 3 adults – similar to the “DELUXE” yet better located, offering more privacy and a wonderful view to the sea
- 6 TWO-BEDROOM SUPERIOR BUNGALOWS (indoor space min. 80-90 m²) up to 5 adults – each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom; some have two floors (maisonette). Each of these charming bungalow suites has been individually designed and decorated with antiques
- 1 THREE-BEDROOM SUPERIOR BUNGALOW (indoor space 110m²) up to 7 adults – maisonette style, each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom. The bedroom on the upper floor has an individual entrance.
- 7 MINOAN ROYALTY VILLAS PRIVATE POOL (indoor space 65-140m²) up to 5 adults. Five 1-bedroom and two 2-bedroom units comprise a matchless collection, all renovated for 2021 season, keeping the traditional style that clients of the Elounda Mare truly appreciate and offering the luxury facilities of the modern world. In these uniquely and individually designed villas, the bedrooms have their own en-suite marble bathroom and are complemented by a spacious living room, some have an open fireplace. All villas have a private furnished garden with a sun terrace and private heat able seawater swimming pool. They are located on the front row by the sea, offering unobstructed views of the Aegean Sea and the ever-changing pale colours of the distant Sitia Mountains. The terrace and the pool are much larger in Princess Ariadni villa and King Minos villa, the latter offering its own fitness facilities as well as a sauna and a Turkish-marble steam room.
- 1 MINOAN PALACE VILLA (indoor space 300 m²) up to 8 adults. A new, unique 4-bedroom beachfront villa built 2 years ago, with a 76 m² master bedroom and three additional spacious bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. Two upper-floor bedrooms are accessible by an elevator. The living and dining area opens up to the veranda offering an absolute al-fresco feeling. There is also a small kitchenette. An extensive garden with a heat able seawater swimming pool, offering absolute privacy, wonderful view to the sea and direct private access to the beach area. 12.11.20
The ambiance at the Elounda Mare hotel is so relaxing and calm that swimming in the large seawater swimming pool or the paddling pool for children next to it, are usually a private affair, even at the peak of the season. There are extended lawns and sundecks along the shore, with sunshades and deck chairs in the most secluded of corners. The crystal-clear waters are just magical, while the private sandy beach has been awarded a “Blue Flag” for its outstanding services. A Sea-sports facility by the beach includes water-skiing and SCUBA diving tuition, along with pedaloes, windsurfs, and sail-dinghies. A superb sailing yacht is available for charter, to explore the nearby islands or sail straight out into the blue expanses of the Aegean Sea.
Sports and leisure activities include an AstroTurf ® tennis court, where tuition is available, a fitness room, a table tennis, as well as an indoor area with a sauna and a steam-room. Situated in the sister property porto elounda GOLF & SPA RESORT [at 500m, with complimentary shuttle service], a nine-hole par-3 golf course with golf academy run by a multi-lingual PGA instructor is also available. Further facilities at porto elounda, near the golf course, include a 5-on-5 football pitch with Valencia Soccer camps tuition, as well as the “Kid’s Ark”, a complete childcare centre of unique design. The Crèche cares for children aged between 4 months and 3 years. The activities centre welcomes juniors from 4 years to 12 years old with water slides and a covered Tabletop play area, protected under a wooden pergola for children to play under supervision.
A Conference Room, seating 150 persons, and two smaller rooms, are available for meetings and other events. At the Aegean Conference Centre of porto elounda GOLF & SPA RESORT, with an area of 1500m², five multi-purpose halls are available, enjoying an incomparable view to the golf course and the Aegean Sea.
The St. Marina Chapel’s square, located by the beach and next to the “Yacht Club” seaside restaurant, is a beautiful area that plays host to many functions and includes an art gallery, a souvenir shop and some boutiques.
Close to the “Old Mill” restaurant, there is a shop and newsstand.
The Six Senses Spa™, situated in the sister property Porto Elounda GOLF & SPA RESORT [at 500m, with complimentary shuttle service], offers an unrivalled range of signature treatments that focus on health, beauty, pampering, stress reduction and recuperation using pure, natural and environmentally friendly products. The luxuriously appointed spa spreads over 2,200 m² and has set unique standards in spa design and wellness treatments. It has been repeatedly awarded during its many years of operation.
Click here for more European Hotels: European Hotels
Latest RatesRequest a quote