Harry our Product Manager recently went to the Maldives and stayed at three hotels. Here is his review of Emerald Faarufushi.
Emerald Faarufushi A Review
Emerald Faarufushi is set on a medium sized Maldivian island, covered in lush vegetation. As this hotel only opened a year ago it is all in fantastic condition. The hotel had a really nice atmosphere, amazing staff, a wide range of dining options and a brilliant house reef.
- Download the App- shows each restaurant, their menus, lists daily activities,
- When you check in you can also book restaurants there too.
- Make the most of the snorkeling especially from the sunset jetty.
- Amazing all inclusive, everything is included.
- All the overwater villas have pools, I would recommend the sunset side if you want more privacy as the watersports take place infront of the sunrise ones.
- For families there is a great kids club and babysitting services, plus if you want more space there are great two bedroom acommodations on the beach.
The overwater villas all have pools, so they are all fantastic. They have sunrise and sunset versions. For more privacy I would go with sunset, as other guests can do watersports in front of the sunrise ones.
The beach villas are also stunning again with private pools. They also have family beach villas with a second twin bedroom, so that’s perfect for younger/teenage families.
The staff here were truly amazing, the villa host we had called Elite was so helpful and ensured that we did everything we wanted and ate in the places we wanted to eat in each night. Every morning he messaged and sent a list of what activities were on in the resort that day and what places you had booked for lunch and dinner. If you ever needed anything at any point, he would always sort it out. He also just checked up on you a couple of times a day and always seemed to know where you were.
There are 4 restaurants (one of them is the buffet) plus a teppanyaki experience night which is well worth doing and is included in the AI package. In all the restaurants you can order whatever you want, you aren’t limited to one starter, main and dessert each. So, if you want to order three main courses and share one you can.
Each restaurant also has a wine sommelier, so they help pair wine with your dinner if you want. They are so knowledgeable and do help you choose some amazing wines.
We didn’t eat in the buffet apart from breakfast, but the breakfast was fantastic and there are some additional items you can order, for example avocado on toast or eggs benedict.
The other Restaurants
- This was a great Asian restaurant with sushi, noodles, rice, curry etc. The food there was delicious, lovely fresh sushi.
- This is their signature overwater restaurant and the food here was exceptional. I would recommend booking this before you arrive as it isn’t open every night.
- Beach Club & Grill- Lunch
- A great place to go for lunch. Toes in the sand have a wide selection of options from pasta, pizza, fish, steak, salads etc.
- The beach club & grill turns into Carnivorous in the evenings and is a meat eaters heaven. The starters are from a buffet where you go and help yourself.
- They do also have some lovely vegan options too.
- Open for lunch and dinner, booking is required as it is more of a live cooking show.
- There aren’t many veggie options, that is the only downside.
- Destination Dining
- This was set up so beautifully by the hotel, there were two staff members looking after us throughout the dinner and the food was a four course menu where you had meat, fish or veggie options.
Drinks wise, there is a great selection of wines, beers, cocktails all of a really good quality. They make a very good Espresso Martini at the sunset pool bar to be sure to try that! You can have as many as you want and the bar staff even if something isn’t on the menu will make it for you.
In the evenings the Sunset Pool bar will have either a DJ or singers, which is nice. It creates a bit of atmosphere and is good fun.
This has a really good house reef which you can either access from the beach/water villas or there is a sunset jetty which you can walk to that is situated right at the end of the reef, so you can jump off and be right on top of it. There are so many fish here and you can snorkel for hours without getting bored. You can I was told do a 360 lap of the island around the reef if you are a good swimmer.
Each day your villa host sends you a list of what is on at the resort, or you can see a schedule on the app which the hotel has and recommends you download.
There are so many activities all included each day such as:
- Water Polo
- Cocktail Party
- Sushi making
- Gnocchi Making
- Wine Tasting
- Cocktail Making
- Aqua Fit
- Music Quiz
- Crab Racing
- Beach Volleyball
- Tennis Court & Padel Court
The main pool is really nice and looks directly over the beach, there are plenty of sunbeds, hammocks and floating beanbags which were new to me.
The beaches are so clean and pristine, the beach pool villas have their own little section which would be nice and private.
Emerald Faarufushi has a really good kids club, with an indoor and outdoor section. They put on a daily itinerary for kids so they wont ever be bored.
You can see what they do each day on the app, it is very extensive.
The Spa is beautiful and set in the heart of the island. Each of the 8 treatment rooms are in a self-contained treehouse which have air con.
There is also a steam room which guests have access to whenever they want.
The Gym is good and has Technogym equipment from cardio machines and weight machines.
Click here to see our hotel page for Emerald Faarufushi: https://www.simplyluxuryescapes.co.uk/product/emerald-faarufushi/
Enquire Now for best prices: Click Here to Enquire